Terms and conditions
- Gun/Guns: is defined as the person using the gun.
- Game: is defined as partridge, pheasant, woodcock and snipe.
- Wildfowl: is defined as ducks and geese.
- Vermin/Pest species: are defined as pigeons, rats, corvids, rabbits and foxes.
- Shooting: is either driven game, rough walk; hide shooting for pigeons, ducks or geese, deer stalking.
- Number of guns per game: minimum of 4 guns and maximum of 10 guns.
Seasons and protected species
- It is strictly forbidden to shoot game/waterfowl/deer outside of their open seasons.
- No protected species of birds or mammals can be shot. It is the guns responsibilities to check species ID.
- Each gun has to ensure that they are shoot experienced, competent and that they are safe in their gun handling and operation.If not, novice/inexperienced guns must let us know in advance of their shooting day.
- Mentors/Loaders may be necessary to support novice/inexperienced guns.
- Semi auto shotguns are only to be used on pigeon, pest and wildfowl shoots otherwise guns use traditional S/S or O/U.
- Rifles used must be ‘quarry legal’.
- Guns will be responsible for understanding the laws relating to firearms and the safekeeping of their firearms.
- Every gun must have a third party liability insurance covering up to at least £5/10m and/or be a member of a recognised UK shooting/field sport organisation such as BASC/CA/NGO.
- Every gun must make sure they have valid certificates, permits and licences.
- Security of shotguns/firearms and ammunition is the sole responsibility of the guns.
- Should a gun or guns wish to cancel a booking, they must let us know 2 weeks prior to the day of the booking for a full refund.
- If a gun or guns cancels less than 2 weeks prior to the booking day, no refunds will be issued.
- If for any special circumstances (force major) the booking is cancelled, we regret there will be no refund of payments. We will however reschedule your booking for the next possible date depending on our availability.
- We will not be liable for any direct or indirect losses suffered by guns.
Deposits & Replacement
- A deposit of 50% is required at the time of booking.
- If a gun/guns are unable to attend for whatever reason they have the option of sending a responsible replacement who complies with these terms or they will forfeit any payment made.
- We will make every effort to meet bag expectations but no guarantees are offered or implied.
- On formal driven days targeted bag numbers of partridges/pheasants are more easily controlled. Bag numbers are dependent on many factors, not least the weather and the guns abilities.
- Generally, we apply on driven/rough shoot days to the number of shots fired at a ratio of 3:1.