Our idyllic partner estates are some of the biggest shoots in Suffolk and are a fount of knowledge for field sports. They not only provide the perfect environment for game to thrive, but offer a sensational setting for our driven game days.
Usually in groups of 4-10 guns, accompanied by expert keepers and their gun dogs, you’ll be
shooting very generous bags, from dozens to hundreds, depending on your package. Suffolk game
birds are fast and plentiful, drives are professionally executed by beaters and their game dogs.
Guns rarely leave disappointed thanks to our organisation, experience and spectacular estate
Members may bring their own suitably trained dog. Members take responsibility for their dog’s
behaviour and should they disrupt the shoot or other guns you will be asked to leave the field.
Non shooters are welcome to join the field if they don’t disrupt the shoot (additional fees may
apply). They will be subject to the same safety rules as the guns and may be required to assist in
carrying bagged game.
- Show sportsmanship. Respect for the quarry and your fellow guns. No low birds and no
‘poaching’ from neighbours
- No insurance, no shoot. All guns must carry third party public liability insurance as standard
(if you have insurance included as part of a field sports association membership it is your
responsibility to ensure your membership is valid and up to date)
- Only 12 & 20-gauge shotgun pumps, single or double barrel. No semi-automatics
- Open season for protected game as follows:
- Partridge 1 st Sept- 1 st Feb
- Pheasant 1 st Oct – 1 st Feb
- Woodcock 1 st Oct – 31 st Jan
- Snipe 12 th Aug – 31 st Jan
- We must receive all ID and documentation no later than 72 hours prior to the shoot
- Please bring a minimum of 8 boxes of #5 or #6 shotgun shells
- Gun hire and cartridge sales available on most of our estates
- We always follow the BASC Code of Practice for Shooting
What’s not included
- Beaters & dogs,
- Transportation around the estate
- All refreshments throughout the day, along with a meal in a pub local to the estate
- An unforgettable day of field sports in the heart of the Suffolk countryside!
Tips to stay safe
- Accommodation. This can be arranged, subject to availability, in one of our lodges, in and
around the estates. Please ask for details.
- Tips (£20 per gun is usual)
- Transport to and from the estate
- Gun and shells (these are rented and sold separately)
- Clothing and other gear. If there is something in particular you do not have, please let us
know in advance and we will do our best to help)
- When guns are not shooting, muzzles must be pointed in a safe direction with the safety on
- Only shoot when your barrel is pointed towards the sky and above a 15degree angle
- If you are unsure whether or not to shoot a bird, do not shoot
- Only collect game if they are close to you. It is safer to let the dogs retrieve any fallen game
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption during your shoot